Thursday, September 29, 2022

Encouraged by My Relationship with God: Entrusted with the Gospel

"But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;"  

(Titus 1:3)

The old testament prophets did not know all the specifics of the Messiah's ministry.  The concept of the Church and the Church Age had not been revealed in the olden days.  

The plan of God to bring both Jew and Gentile into the church into one body in Christ (Eph. 2:14, 3:1-6) had not been revealed.  In short, the complete ministry and work of the Messiah had not, previously, been completely and clearly laid out but rather had been revealed in bits and pieces.  

However, now, in the Church Age, God has given forth plainly and boldly the good news of His Son, and this good news was committed unto Paul as well as to you and me.

The verb committed is passive and Paul is the subject while the "which" (referring back to the preaching) is the direct object of the verb.  Paul preached the Gospel because God had charged him personally with the responsibility.  Paul said in another epistle "...for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (I Cor. 9:16)

I am also responsible to preach the gospel.  I am responsible to let others know about their sins, the penalty for them, God's forgiveness through Christ, and the opportunity to place faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

My wife and I are planning to get out and meet the neighbors soon.  We are new to the neighborhood, so we decided to get some bags together and place a tract inside along with a small gift as an icebreaker and to show that we care.  If you're looking for a way to get the gospel out and meet someone new, then perhaps this idea will help you.


We found a great tract that matches the season.  On the front, the tract says "the fall," but inside it speaks of the fall of mankind into sin.

God provided dozens of hand soaps through a sale at a store, and on the outside, my wife made a welcome note to introduce us.

Friends, at the least, this will get the gospel into the house of the neighbor, and perhaps it will be read and heeded.  I can't make anyone believe, but I can offer them the truth.

The gospel has been committed unto me according to the commandment of God my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...