Saturday, December 24, 2022

A Christmas Change of Plans

For my birthday, my wife's Dad and Mom had gifted to me some tickets to see the Ark Encounter.

As we anticipated going this past Thursday, I had one eye on the weather and one on our plans.

We awoke Thursday morning "on vacation," but I happened to check the schedule for the Ark Encounter.  Wouldn't you know, they posted a closing notice for Friday, the day we planned on going.

So ... I worked from home, and we decided to save the trip till next week.

Good thing we did.  The winter cyclone that swept across the US left our roads very icy and dangerous.

We praise the Lord for keeping our heat going through this very cold spell.  We thank Him for keeping us from being stranded near an exhibit that wasn't open.  We thank Him for a nice home in which to be "stranded" instead.

We also thank Him for technology which allowed us to video chat with relatives today.  

Most of all, we thank God for His dear Son.  The Lord Jesus Christ should be the center of our thoughts and celebrations this Christmas.  Praise God for His gift of eternal life!

"Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles ... He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law."  Isaiah 42:1, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...