Monday, April 1, 2024

Running and Intermittent Strength

A new favorite routine of mine is to run for about a mile and then pause to do some strength training moves.

Today's routine started with a .5 mile run then squats, pushups, and back extensions.  

I followed this with a 1 mile run, lunges, pushups, and crunches.

After this, I ran another mile, then I did one-legged squats onto a bench, pull-ups, and bicycle crunches.

I finished it off with a .5 mile run and stretching.  It gave me an appetite!!



A routine like this works well for those of us who have been inside all day and want to enjoy the outdoors while getting both cardio and strength.  

One-legged squats are an amazing way to ramp up the load on your legs without using weights.  I recommend squatting down onto a bench and then standing up from the bench.

Can't do one leg down and up?  Try sitting down onto the bench using one leg but getting up with both legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...