Saturday, April 27, 2024

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile gravel loop that encircles the park's soccer fields.  I ran with Sandra today.  This is a luxury not often afforded me because we are on different exercise schedules during the week.  Here's our exercise results with a map to prove it 😉


After two laps around, I broke off to make use of the outdoor fitness court.  This is a bodyweight exerciser's dream, replete with pull-up bars and boxes for box-jumps.  Sandra finished a 3rd lap around the park while I did my thing, then I joined her.


The day was so lovely that we decided to wash the car before going to lunch.  We're still enjoying a gift card to Blaze Pizza (a relative's gift from Christmas), so we swung in to get our usual.  We both order a GF half-pizza with small side salad.  Sandra eats 2/3 of hers and gives me one piece.  For me, it's about an 800 calorie lunch which is just right.


I have been using the same workout clothes for a VERY long time.  Let's just say that it was time for some new ones.  Sandra suggested we look at Belk.  I was less than excited because Belk is an "old people" store.  I shouldn't have been so hasty in my judgments.  It turns out that their brand Zelos is very nice and good quality.  The Lord provided some quality exercise clothes that all came off the "70% off" rack.  You can't beat that!!  It's not common to find stuff that fits and looks nice on such a clearance.  I thank the Lord for meeting this need.


Today's Bible study had me in II Kings, chapters 9 and 10.  Jehu is an interesting character.  I'm glad that I never met him 😌 He definitely enjoyed killing people, and he was a deceiver.  God used him to wipe out the house of Ahab, but Jehu didn't follow God.  The Bible tells us that Jehu, "departed not from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat which made Israel to sin."  In other words, Jehu put down Baal worship, but he didn't remove the idolatrous golden calves which resided in Bethel (southern Israel) and Dan (northern Israel).  Jehu had the wonderful opportunity to seek God and do right; instead, he pointlessly murdered the king of Judah and proceeded to keep the status quo of idolatry in Israel.  How terrible to miss such a wonderful opportunity to be used of God and to serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...