Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Thankful for Progress, Phone Calls and Promises

Some weeks back, my dear wife fell and broke herself.  She busted her wrist.  Poor thing.

However, now she is out of the cast and beginning rehabilitation exercises.  Rehabilitation isn't easy, because regaining strength and mobility is always harder than losing them.

Yet, I am grateful that the Lord has brought her to this point and that she is determined to take charge of her recovery and work hard at it.

Praise the Lord!

I am also grateful for a phone call from my sister.  She lives in Montana with her husband.  She just called up last evening for a chat.  I appreciate people who call or write just to call or write.

Most of all, I am thankful for God's promise of eternal life to those who believe in His Son.  I am preparing for Sunday School; and, in doing so, I have been studying the biblical doctrine of eternal security.  Here are some verses to encourage your heart ...

"For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified."  (Hebrews 10:14)

"Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called."  (Jude 1)

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."  (John 10:27, 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...