Monday, December 12, 2022

Not Submitted

I've had some discussions recently with folks who attend a Church of Christ. 

They believe that baptism and belief in Christ are needed for salvation .

While we could say many things about this false doctrine, it all boils down to Romans 10:3, 4:

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end if the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Salvation will never be Christ plus something but rather Christ plus nothing. 

In Jesus, I have genuine righteousness, the kind that can't be earned by any work.

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...