Monday, June 19, 2023

A Wise Old Bird

"There was a wise old owl who lived in an oak.  The more he saw, the less he spoke.  The less he spoke, the more he heard.  Why can't I be like that wise old bird?"


James said, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God."

My mouth gets me into trouble.  Does yours?  The older I become, the more I become aware of the need to listen, evaluate, and then speak.  Just when I feel like getting angry and saying something is usually just when I need to hold my tongue and pray about what to say or do.

Too often, my human anger does not work the righteousness of God.  I need to be more like that wise old owl who spoke less and heard more.

Too often, I misjudge people or situations.  I assume one thing is true, when, in fact, it is not.  Quiet observation and righteous judgment are great qualities, and I want more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...