Saturday, July 29, 2023

Healthy Choices while Travelling

Making healthy or healthier choices while travelling isn't always easy, but I'm getting better at it.

I had a business trip last week that took me to Senatobia, MS.  Their not much into "healthy" down there, but I did find some things that worked.

The hotel had a breakfast that offered oatmeal.  I had taken my natural peanut butter, so this worked well for adding to the oatmeal.  I also had some brown rice cakes that served to hold more peanut butter.  These are easier to travel with than a loaf of GF bread.

One evening was Chick-Fil-A, because, well, I just love Chick-Fil-A 😉.  Their Market Salad comes with spring greens, chicken breast, apples, blueberries, blue cheese crumbles and a vinaigrette dressing.  Add some additional chicken nuggets for more protein, and you have a fairly healthy travel option.


This was my favorite find.  It's a Mediterranean Warm Bowl at Panera Bread.  It comes with brown rice, quinoa, chicken breast, olives, hummus, Greek yogurt dressing and choice of chips, baguette or apple.  I chose a to get an iced latte on the side.  I was having cold coffee withdrawals!  

My business trip revolved around training for my job.  The John Deere training center was at a community college, so each day, we ate at the cafeteria.  Most of what they served wasn't GF or healthy, but I did find a spinach salad everyday which was a blessing.  In the picture above, I was able to get roasted chicken to go with the salad.  You have to get creative sometimes and think outside the box.


Ok, so this may have been my unhealthiest choice 😔, but it sure was delicious!!  Actually, it's not as bad as it looks.  I found a fresh-fired pizza place and got a cauliflower crust pizza with mozzarella, veggies, olives, ham and some pepperoni.  

I'm glad to be home and back to Sandra's nutritious and delicious meals.  I'm also grateful that the Lord enabled me to find good food while away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...