Friday, August 4, 2023

Making Better Choices Each Day

"For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."  

Galatians 6:8

As a Christian, I can't lose my salvation, but I sure can harm my fellowship with the Lord by letting my old nature do and say what it wants.

I'd rather not be bitter, resentful, ungrateful, fearful, discontented... .

I'd rather not live each day being influenced by the world instead of influencing those around me for Christ.

I'd rather not let my mouth say what it wants to, let my eyes look where they want to, let my hands do what they want to.

Letting the Spirit of Christ win each day is a much better option.  I'd rather forgive, be grateful, be content, be joyful, be separated from the world's influences.

The Spirit of Christ will never disappoint me.  I'll never say to myself, "Why did I let the Lord have His way in that?"  Being filled with the Spirit never disappoints, but I have often regretted letting the old me have his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...