Monday, September 11, 2023

Devotionals, Leg Day, and Sunrise Smoothie

 



Sandra and I have read this book together, and I'm reading it through again in my morning Bible study.

It's a challenge taken from the life of Joseph.  The author brought out the fact that God was Joseph's FIRST pursuit.  Because of this, everything else fell into place, even in the prison.

He mentioned that we all love the product of God's presence and blessing, but we often don't want the process that brings it.

I highly recommend this book if you are looking for something on the shorter but highly edifying side.



So ... my workout wasn't really 58 minutes.  I forgot to end my workout session on my fitness tracker after finishing.

It was leg day, so this involved squats with one dumbbell, lunges holding a dumbbell, and weighted hip lifts.  Here is a basic rundown of the routine ...

5 minute warmup

Set 1:

60 seconds of weighted squats

60 seconds of single-leg reach (switch legs at 30 second mark)

side planks for 60 seconds

60 seconds fast pushups on knees

Set 2:

60 seconds lunges with one weight

60 second hip lifts with a weight or band

60 second bird dogs

60 seconds fast pushups on knees


Repeat every set 3 times and rest 30 seconds between exercises.



I have a smoothie almost every morning along with either healthy muffins or peanut butter on toast.

This morning consisted of a Sunrise Smoothie.

1 cup of almond milk

1 5 oz cup of Greek yogurt (mine was slightly sweetened)

1/2 cup of frozen pineapple

1/2 cup of frozen mango

Simple, but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...