Saturday, October 7, 2023

Eternally Secure ... Contrary to Some Teaching

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.  John 6:39

Apart from simple faith in the finished work of Christ, what part did your have in saving you soul, if you are saved?

The answer is, None.  Salvation is of the Lord (Jonah 2:9).  I do not have any power or ability to save myself.  Salvation is entirely an act of God's grace apart from ANY work of my own (Ephesians 2:8, 9).

So, if we know that we can't EARN our salvation, why would we ever think that we can KEEP our salvation?

According to this verse, what part do you play in keeping your salvation?  I don't see the believer doing anything in this verse to secure himself in Christ, but I do see Christ doing everything to prevent the believer from being lost.

Notice that the Father has given the Son all who are willing to place faith in Christ, and notice also that the Son has promised that every soul entrusted to him will be safe.  He won't lose one - not even one.

In fact, He promises that every soul that has placed faith in His redeeming blood will be raised again at the last day.

So what if I fail God miserably or even allow myself to reject fellowship with Him and choose worldliness instead?

The Bible makes it clear that carnal decisions carry consequences in this life (Romans 6:23) and loss of rewards in heaven (I Corinthians 3:11-15); however, an individual's salvation can't be lost.  It can't be lost because you didn't earn it, and it's not up to you to keep it.  That's Jesus' job, and He's very good at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...