Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Orlando Trip: Day 4

Friday was 73, muggy, and buggy.  It had rained a bit that night, so the ground was quite a mess.  This was the combine section.  You can have your very own X9 if you have 1.5 million bucks lying around 😉  The training was in 2 waves.  I was in wave 2.  The first wave started on Monday and ended on Wednesday.  The 2nd wave started on Wednesday and ended on Friday.  By Friday, the poor instructors were pretty much done.  They had been giving the same spiel for 5 days to 8 groups a day.  I would've been done too.  They did very well considering the demands.




After training, I went to the hotel gym and did a simple arms and legs routine.  It consisted of 4 primary moves.  They were curls, hip lifts, tricep extensions, and dumbbell deadlifts.  I did 40 seconds of rest and 20 seconds of rest.  I varied the style of each move, but stayed with these four basic patterns for 5 rounds.  It was a good routine.  All you need is a simple set of dumbbells.  I used 20 pounders.


Friday evening weather looked threatening, and I wasn't feeling up to a walk in the rain, so I got the grand idea to catch a shuttle to the airport and visit the Chick-Fil-A - Big Mistake!!  Airport Chick-Fil-As are not good.  Everything was in a state of confusion.  I walked up to the counter and said, "I'd like a kale salad, and a #4 grilled chicken nugget meal with unsweetened tea."  The kid looked at me so long it became awkward and then said, "Do you want grilled nuggets?"  I then said "Yes," while thinking, "Isn't that what I just said?"  He then said, "Do you want fries with that or the kale salad?"  I then repeated myself.  He then said, "You want sweet tea, right?"  I then said "No.  I want unsweet tea," but I was thinking, "Is this really happening?"  15 minutes later after much entertainment I received a bag with a half-filled fry box, kale salad, chicken nuggets, no utensils and zero sauces, and a drink that had no more ice because it had melted in the millennium leading up to receiving the food. 🥤

Every customer around me looked aggravated and confused.  I'm pretty sure no one got their food without some type of hiccup.  The lady that yelled out your name had such a thick accent, you couldn't tell what she was saying.  If your name was Sarah, it sounded like Ci, and if your name was Chris, it sounded like Ci, and if your name was John, it sounded like Ci.  Get it??

Haha!!  It was actually quite amusing.  


Poor Chick-Fil-A.  Not their finest location.

My verse for the day was ...


"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."  Romans 16:17

Don't tolerate false teachers and doctrinal trouble-makers, deal with them.  Don't ignore them and think, "It's the pastor's worry, not mine."  Don't follow them on Facebook, or give them your ear on the radio or Podcast.  Mark them, deal with them, avoid them, and don't adopt their teaching or way of thinking.

And, Yes.  They are often polite, political, and charming, so ... beware.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...