Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Orlando Trip: Day 5

Saturday morning, I found a Jersey Mikes.  They have gluten-free bread.  No, this isn't what you would call healthy, but I was starving.  I didn't feel like a $13 granola bar.  It hit the spot.



This was the best day of the trip.  Why?  Because I'm back with Sandra, of course!!  

After she picked me up, we swung down to CoreLife Eatery in Murfreesboro.  Now that was worth the detour.  I tried their Greek and Quinoa bowl.  It has grilled chicken, quinoa (of course), feta, tomatoes, hummus, cucumbers, and dill-cucumber dressing.  It was fantastic.  Add the ginger, honey lemonade, and you're really rolling!!

The verse for the last day is ...

"Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day."  Psalm 71:8

I can never give enough praise to God.  Praise can turn a "bad" day into a good one.  Praise takes the focus off of me and my troubles and places it directly upon God and His mercy.  This will cheer the heart and refresh the soul.

Thank you Lord for a safe trip, for food each day, for the peace of knowing Jesus as Savior, for a job that supports the family, for a home that meets the needs, and for a sweet wife who is my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...