Monday, February 12, 2024

New Workout Mat Review


If there's one thing that I appreciate, it's a comfortable and durable workout mat.  This mat is made by Yo Gorilla Mats, and it's a worthy purchase.  This one is the stretching/yoga mat, so it isn't intended for hard workouts.  They do make a higher intensity training mat.  Eventually, I'll be adding that to the collection.

This mat is about a 1/4" thick and it's 7' x 5'.  I love the size because I can stretch out on it in any direction and not be on the floor.

My only complaint is that it's made in China.  The description of the company that makes this mat almost leads you to believe that the mat is made in the USA, but it's not.  It's ok.  As far as imported mats go, this one has impressed me so far.

Today was leg-day.  Here was the routine ...

Walking Lunges (carrying 2 25# dumbbells) - 12/side

Box Jumps - 10 

Suitcase Squats - 16

Bulgarian Split Squats - 10/leg

Goblet Squats - 16

Bird Dog - 10/side

Rest 30-45 seconds between exercises.  Perform 3 sets of the above movements.

Tomorrow will be a short routine of pushups and pullups followed by mobility.

My face when someone says, Oh! Do I have to workout?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...