Saturday, March 2, 2024

Back from a Business Trip

I had to go to Florence, KY for work Thursday and Friday.  It's always a challenge to eat well and move well while away from home, but I managed.  I have found a Hampton Inn with an outstanding gym, and that serves to keep me moving when out of my routine.


Thursday night was a walking night since I had been sitting in the truck for over four hours while travelling to the store.

Friday morning was a 20-minute, 2-mile run followed by upper body strength.  I love the weight selection at this hotel!!



The routine was ...

5 pullups, 12 rows, 15 pushups, 10 chest presses, 10 overhead presses, 12 curls, 12 tricep extensions

I did this for 2 rounds and finished with a final round of pullups, pushups, curls and tricep extensions.

After this, I had a breakfast of two low-sugar Greek yogurt cups and two homemade healthy muffins.  Sandra had packed me breakfast so I could skip the usual hotel powdered eggs and greasy, chemical-laden "sausage" patties.

Sandra has prepared numerous little gift bags that contain a small treat and a Gospel tract.  This one was designed especially for giving to hotel maids.  I left it in my room.


The gift was a bath salt, and the tract says "Two Appointments Every Person Must Keep."  It approaches the Gospel from the perspective of dying and meeting God.  It's based upon Hebrews 9:27.

The trip was successful.  The issues were resolved, and everyone was a little happier.

On the way home, I drove through Lexington, KY and stopped at PF Chang's where I picked up dinner for me and Sandra - chicken fried rice, sweet and spicy chicken, and Singapore noodles!!

I had the leftovers for lunch today 😉 I have to post stuff like this so people know that I'm almost, kinda normal.  Ok, not really.


Don't get too excited.  Today, we were back to our healthy ways!  I enjoyed a beet, strawberry smoothing with granola.  Here's the recipe ...

1/3 C plain Greek yogurt

2/3 C orange juice

1 C frozen strawberries

1 TBLS beet root powder

2/3 C frozen pineapple

optional - 1 scoop Carrington Farms coconut protein powder


I missed walking with Sandra while away, so we went for a long walk in the Bowling Green downtown area.  We found a hill that has a park on the top and a nice overlook of the city.


After this, we made our way over to the college and back to the car.  It was about a 3 mile walk.


Today, I started back in Ezra for both my personal study and Sunday School study.  I like this verse.

"This Ezra went up from Babylon; and he was a ready scribe in the law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given: and the king granted him all his request, according to the hand of the LORD his God upon him."  

I want to be a "ready scribe" by making Bible study a priority.  I need God's Word; others need God's Word.  I want to be ready to help my wife and others by knowing and practicing what my Bible says.  

I like how God blessed Ezra.  Ezra had a heart to go back to Judah and help people know God better, and God touched a heathen king's heart in order to fulfill Ezra's desire.  God loves to help people who want to help others know God better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...