Saturday, March 23, 2024

It's Good to be Home

Psalm 27:8

"As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his place."

This is how I feel when I'm away from home on a business trip.  I am grateful for our house that Sandra has made into a home.  Returning to it is always a relief.

Thursday and Friday involved a trip through southern Indiana, visiting stores in Corydon, Orleans, Seymour, and Sellersburg.

Taking care of yourself on the road isn't easy, but it is possible.  Sandra packed me a cobb salad for lunch.  I was able to find a nature preserve just outside of Corydon that had some outdoor eating areas.  This provided a break from the store and a place to walk for a bit after driving for 3 hours.


I spent the night in French Lick.  For dinner, Sandra packed turkey breast in some gravy with bread and fruit.  

That evening, I ran about 2.5 miles through the town and did pushups and squats in the middle and at the end of the run.

Orleans is in the middle of nowhere.  Pretty much the only thing out there are these grain silos.


Lunch that day consisted of GF wraps stuffed with black beans, shredded chicken, broccoli, and feta cheese.

The trip was profitable, but it's great to be home.  Today, we passed out invitations to the Easter service.  Afterwards, we came home and finished this printer shelf.  Sandra got it all painted while I was gone, so today we installed the corner braces and put it into place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Trip to Seymour

 I needed to make a trip to my company's northern-most store - Seymour.  The tech couldn't get a tractor's electronics to calibr...