Thursday, March 21, 2024

Strength and Cardio for People Who Will Never Own Weights

Perhaps you don't own weights and never intend to, but you like to jog or run.  If that describes you, here's a way to add strength training to your cardio routine.

I started with a 1 mile run, then followed it with 20 pushups, 20 squats, and 20 crunches.

I ran another mile and repeated this series, except I did reverse lunges in place of the squats.

I ran another mile and repeated set number one.

I followed this with a stretching session.  After running, walk around for about 2-3 minutes to let your heart rate come down a notch and then do the strength sessions.

If you're not into running or able to run, walk for 1\2 to 1 mile and then do this strength routine. You can modify the pushups by doing them from the wall and leaning slightly into the wall. You can also modify the squats by sitting down onto something and getting up again. The crunches can be modified by doing a high-march in place.


This was the verse for the day ...

Psalms 104:34

"My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD."

I want better thoughts throughout the day, so while I drove for work today, I prayed and thought on Scripture that I had memorized. 

I've never heard anyone say, "My meditation of the news channel shall be sweet. I will be glad after listening to it."

God never disappoints. I've yet to spend time meditating on God and the Bible and come away disappointed or angry or depressed.

Did you spend quality time with God and His Word today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...