Thursday, May 30, 2024

A Nice Start to the Day

The temperature was in the 60s this morning. I enjoyed opening the garage door and doing my workout in the fresh air.  

Today's workout incorporated light weights (12 pounds each) for strength moves and bodyweight cardio moves.

I followed this with my favorite chocolate banana smoothie.


I tweaked this recipe a bit.  It had ...

3 tablespoons of almond butter

1 cup almond milk

1/2 cup riced frozen cauliflower

1 frozen banana

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

Dash of vanilla

Topped with raw cocoa nibs

This yields about 15 grams of protein.  The muffins had 5 grams each, so that gets you to the desired 25-30/meal for adults.

Before any of this, I spent some time in I Chronicles. I was reading about David's mighty men. They were his top warriors, and each one had a strong loyalty to David (Joab's loyalty was unconventional). How much stronger should my loyalty be to God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of More Cool Mornings to Come

"The eyes of all wait upon Thee; and Thou givest them their meat in due season."  Psalm 145:15 We are completely dependent upon th...