Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thankful for The Righteousness of God

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.  (Isaiah 61:10)

This verse focuses on the Millennial Kingdom of Christ when Israel will be saved by putting her faith in the Messiah.  The righteousness of Christ, not her own, will cloth her and make her clean.

The same is true for you and me when we place our faith in Jesus.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.  (II Corinthians 5:21)

Apart from imparted righteousness, I have none.  If it weren't for the righteousness of God clothing me and making me fit for His Kingdom, I would be hopelessly damned.

The good works that show themselves in my life are a fruit of the righteousness of Christ working through me.

Do you have this imparted righteousness?  If you don't, you can have it today by turning to Jesus as your Savior.

If I were to boast of my own good works in any way, I would be no better than unbelieving Israel.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.  (Romans 10:3)

The next time that we are tempted to think that we "have it all together," let's not forget that the righteousness of Jesus gives us all that we have.  Without it, we would be damned.

This Thanksgiving, I want to say, "Thank you, Lord, for your imparted righteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...