Monday, March 27, 2023

A Gospel-Preaching Church in Yellowknife

I, along with 4 siblings, grew up in Arctic Canada.  In particular, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories was the far-north town that I, Tammy, and Josh called home for many years.

My Dad was a pastor of a church in that town.  

Eventually, the small church building was sold, siblings moved out, and I and my parents moved away.



Since those days, I haven't met anyone who is from Yellowknife or anyone who knew anyone from Yellowknife, so I was shocked the other day when, at church, the music director told me that he is giving online lessons to a couple who live in Yellowknife.  Wow!!  

I asked him if they are Christians.  He said that they are, and that they attend a Baptist church called Central Arctic Baptist Church.  I visited their website, and they seem to be a faithful group of people who love God and stand on the truth.

I praise the Lord for keeping a witness in a dark place!  I praise the Lord for allowing me to hear about this church that is being a witness for Christ in the small, icy town of my boyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...