Monday, April 3, 2023

Thankful for the Resurrection

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

                                                                                                                                        John 11:25, 26


With the approach of Resurrection Sunday, I am thankful for the power of the resurrection.  Without it, salvation would not exist.  Because Christ overcame death, He is able to give that same victory to the one who trusts in Him as Savior.

The resurrection also gives me deliverance from the power of sin in my life.  The day I trusted in Christ, the power of my flesh was subjugated by the Holy Spirit of God Who took up residence in my soul.

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

                                                                                                                                        Romans 6:6

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

                                                                                                                                     II Corinthians 5:17

I am grateful for the solid hope of eternal life.  I am grateful for power over my flesh.  Because of the resurrection, I don't have to serve my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...