Friday, June 23, 2023

I'm of a Different Spirit

After the Samaritans refused to lodge Jesus because He was on His way to Jerusalem, the disciples asked the Lord if He would like them to call down fire from heaven and destroy them!

Jesus' reply was the opposite to what my flesh usually wants to do to the opposition.  The Lord said, 

"Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."  Luke 9:55, 56

It's easy for me to get upset when people oppose the things of God, but I must remember that the Lord is seeking to save people, not destroy them.  This is the dispensation of grace.  This is the age in which the Lord is calling out for all men to be saved - whoever will believe.

Am I quick to get angry at people, or am I quick to have compassion on them?

Am I quick to condemn, or am I quick to seek redemption for others?

The Spirit of Christ lives inside me; He lives inside of you if you are saved.  This Spirit is opposite to the wicked spirit of man.  This Spirit is holy, just, patient, righteous, compassionate, loving, merciful, longsuffering.  

I need to let the Spirit of Christ control my response toward others, not the spirit of Chris Bickish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...