Saturday, January 13, 2024

Orlando Trip: Day 1


This past week was my yearly training with John Deere in Orlando, FL.  Deere has a huge outdoor training space in the middle of the swamp where they conduct various training exercises.

Tuesday morning, my dear wife dropped me off at the airport.  We left early, so I looked for something in the airport at Nashville.  Sandra had found a place called The Urban Juicer.  The food is natural, whole, and healthy.  I tried the acai bowl with banana, almond butter, granola, Greek yogurt and honey.  Wow!  To wash it down, I got a beet, lemon, apple, ginger juice.  This is definitely a place to try if you are looking for healthy away from home.



Once in Orlando, I fell back on my go to Chipotle.  For fast food, it's a great choice.  Brown rice, black beans, grilled chicken, stir-fried veggies, and avocado.  For me, this is a go-to away from home.



The Orlando airport has four satellite terminals, and you must take a tram to the main terminal.


It's January, so the pool area and fitness room were EMPTY.  I enjoyed a 30 minute, 12% incline, 3 mph walk.  I got the idea from a co-worker who is trying to lose weight.  I definitely broke a sweat!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday Run Day

We arose around 7 and made our way to our favorite Bowling Green Park - The Loops at Lover's Lane.  This is a large park with a 1.6 mile...