Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Bodyweight Exercise

 The beauty of bodyweight exercise is obvious.  It doesn't require any equipment for the most part.

Recently, I've been reminded of the benefit of this type of workout. To add a little something new, I made handles suspended from heavy rope so that I can do bodyweight rows. 

Normally, you'd do rows with dumbbells, but bodyweight rows add an extra challenge. 



I attached them to my pull-up bar. This movement provides counterbalance to the pushup motion. 

Here's a sample bodyweight workout.  Give it a try!

40 seconds of work, 20 seconds of rest

Pushups (as many as you can in 40 seconds)

Squats

Rows

Lunges

Hollow body hold

Repeat this  circuit 3 or 4 times.

If you have a pull-up bar, use that for a round instead of rows.




No comments:

Post a Comment

First of More Cool Mornings to Come

"The eyes of all wait upon Thee; and Thou givest them their meat in due season."  Psalm 145:15 We are completely dependent upon th...