Saturday, July 13, 2024

Having a Fixed Heart

 "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD."  Psalm 112:7

I have noticed, that when my mind wanders from the things of God, I find myself anxious, disturbed, angry, or upset in some way; however, when I get into the Bible and fixate my mind on the things of Jesus Christ, I am calmer, more focused, and more loving and caring toward others.

Where's your trust?  Where does your mind spend most of its time?  Here's a friendly challenge.  Keep your Bible in front of you every morning or evening.  Memorize a small piece of Scripture.  Remember that, if you are a child of God through faith in Jesus Christ, you are a missionary here.  This isn't our permanent home.  Every believer in Jesus Christ is destined for a much better future.

"O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee."


Sandra and I discovered that Tropical Smoothie Cafe will make any smoothie without the added sugar.  This is good news because I travel for work, and I'm always on the lookout for healthier options.  Anyway, their website lists the ingredients in each smoothie, so I made my own knockoff the other day.


It's called a Chia Banana Boost.  I can't remember the exact ratio of ingredients that I chose, but it went something like this ....

1 tabls of chia seeds

1.5 frozen bananas

3 tabls of natural peanut butter

almond slices

1/4 cup rolled oats

cinnamon

3 smaller dates (pitted)

1 serving of collagen (added 10g of protein)


It wasn't bad.  It enabled me to get some chia seeds in which I don't often do.  It ended up being about 27g of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of More Cool Mornings to Come

"The eyes of all wait upon Thee; and Thou givest them their meat in due season."  Psalm 145:15 We are completely dependent upon th...